Then you also need to quantify the volume included within the services. This could mean determining how many bank accounts, credit card accounts, or number of transactions in a month. The price that you’ll set will be based on your service offer which has to explicitly address the needs and pain-points of the small business owners identified in the meeting with your client.
With millions of venture capital dollars at stake, we do find that most of our clients DO want to talk with our team on a regular basis. So, doing a recurring call, making sure we are keeping up with questions, is really powerful. The higher priced bookkeeping packages provide time for the founder to connect with the accounting team. Kruze offers fixed, monthly bookkeeping price packages that range from ~$600 per month to several thousand dollars per month, depending on the complexity of your books and the number of transactions.
Basic Bookkeeping Costs Per Month and Year
When determining the price of your bookkeeping services, you’ll want to create goals for revenue + how much profit you want your bookkeeping business to make. When pricing your bookkeeping services, it’s critical that you first identify all of your costs and consequently mark up your bookkeeping services so you can factor in a profit. One of the most challenging aspects to starting a bookkeeping business is determining how much to charge for your bookkeeping services. When you have a Small Business Plus plan or higher, you get unlimited online support. All plans come with onboarding, a dedicated bookkeeper and account manager, reconciliation at month-end, balance sheet, P&L, statement of cash flows and a portal with document storage.
Without significant prior experience in bookkeeping, it is impossible for a business owner to gauge the expertise level and capabilities of an in-house bookkeeper. The lesser cost of a part-time bookkeeper bookkeeping pricing packages (as opposed to a full-time employee) is the biggest benefit for companies. A part-time bookkeeper will usually cost more per hour than full-time bookkeepers, but the total monthly cost will be less.
How about offering additional services such as handling the accounts receivable or accounts payable for the business owner? The amount of work involved will significantly affect how much you can charge for your services. Around 70% of the startup founders and business owners we work with previously used a traditional finance firm to handle their bookkeeping and accounting.
- Compare this with the industry standard of handing off your financial information to a third party and waiting weeks to see the report.
- Our ratings considered everything from pricing and customer reviews to the number and quality of features available and what our panel of experts thought about the services available.
- In a billable hour approach with per hour pricing, you let the clock run and your price is based on the time you spent.
- For over a decade, she’s helped small business owners make money online.
- But our ability to offer high quality bookkeeping services at such a low price is due to a combination of our focus, experience and technology.